At some point of time in our lives, we tend to loosen our grip on our self esteem and hide ourselves in our own cocoon. However, it is all in the mind that states whether we control our self esteem or vice-versa. To live a productive and happy life, it is important that we have a high opinion about ourselves. If we hold a low opinion then we tend to hold ourselves from the things we might have accomplished otherwise. Those who have low esteem, tend to fill their life with negativity, which affects the mental as well as the physical well being of the person concerned.
However, unless you treat yourself with dignity who will bother to? The society looks at you the way you present yourself before them. So the lest you feel yourself as an individual of values, no one will step forward and look at you with a different perspective. Following are some of the ways through which you can boost your self esteem:
1) Learn to stand up for yourself. You will find a number of people standing behind you but there is no one who will stand up for you. However, you will find a number of them who would try to put you down. Avoid people and situations that negate your ambition. Do not let other people’s ambitions hinder your dreams and desires.
2) Set a personal goal and work towards achieving them. When you live an aimless life it is quite natural to find yourself off the track. And this gives you a feeling of emptiness, which might make you feel low. Thus with an aim and objective, your life will become purposeful and when you accomplish these goals it will boost your self esteem.
3) Take up some activities in which you are very good at. It could be swimming, dancing, running, cooking etc. While taking up such activities indulge yourself into it to such an extent that you forget about anything else. This helps in inculcating a feeling where you will feel more confident, accomplished and capable afterwards.
4) If you are feeling real low, forget all about it and relax. Stop thinking about any other things instead relax and breathe calmly. Exercise, meditation or Tai Chi are some of the ways you can try to relax.
5) It is a very natural feeling to feel nervous when you are trying to learn something new. So it is perfectly fine to experience collywobbles. However, you can still take control of the situation thinking about those days when you did something new for the first time. Always keep in mind that you are in the learning process.
Also socialize with people around you. You can join the local associations or clubs and help those people around you voluntarily. And yes laugh a lot, it costs you nothing. But it gives you a lot of things. Most importantly it lifts up your spirit. Stop thinking a lot and stop taking yourself and life so seriously. Look beyond and you will see many beautiful things that would brighten you up.
how to be more confident
tips for personal growth and development
how to recover from emotional abuse