Learn tips on how to clean a DVD disc the best way.
You don’t have to take that extra care about your DVDs, so long it is kept securely in the CD cases. But they are prone to the normal wear and tear if not handled properly. Again, even if you handle it properly, no matter how hard you try to keep the DVD safe, sooner than later you see a scratch on it. You may avoid touching the shiny part of the DVD, hold it through the hole or by the circumference of the DVD on your finger tips, it could start giving you problems in the middle of a movie or something. At the first instant, you might consider the DVD, but wait, all that the disc needs could be a little cleaning and it might just work.
If your DVD is dirty or is scratched, then it can skip or freeze the picture. Cleaning it a bit will make the disc to run properly. But do not attempt to run a cracked disc as it can damage the player. There are a number of ways through which you can clean your DVD disc. Following are some of the options you have for cleaning DVDs:
1) Fiber cloths are meant for cleaning camera lens, eyeglasses, monitors, laptops etc. It can also be used to clean discs and is one of the best ways. As it wipes through the dust, it doesn’t let the dust to spread.
2) You can also use alcohol to clean the disc. The main advantage of using alcohol is that it does not leave behind any residue and doesn’t react as strongly as any other solvent. Dab small cotton in the alcohol and wipe in straight line starting from the center moving towards the edges.
3) If you don’t have alcohol in hand then you can even use your normal window cleaner. It tends to evaporate quickly like the alcohol without leaving any residue.
4) If you see minor scratches on the disc, then you can use a little bit of your toothpaste to polish the scratch. Avoid using extra whitening toothpaste.
5) If you see light passing through the scratch then that means there is no way you can fix the scratch except to replace it.
There are certain things that should be kept in mind while cleaning DVDs. Always avoid strong cleaners, solvents, abrasive, etc for cleaning the disc. Keep disc away from heat, radiators, direct sunlight, hot equipment surfaces etc. Another way of cleaning the DVD is to put some water on both sides of the disc. If it still continues to bug you with the dirt then you can consider washing it with a mild detergent. Make sure to rinse it and dry it with a clean cloth.
Also you might want to know how to clean a penny. You can follow cleaning the brass method for some pennies. There are also other ways of cleaning it. let’s get to know more about it.
how to clean silver
how to clean brass
how to clean a blackboard
how to clean your kitchen