Husband And Wife Roles In A Marriage
Whose role is much important in a marriage- husband or wife?
The answer is- Both!
On one side, we say that husband and wife are life partners, and on the other hand, we ask such silly questions, why? I mean, this is so immature to even think of it! Both have their own importance in a marriage. According to the situation, either of the two has to deal with patience and ease. If the husband is upset, then the wife has to keep quiet and if the wife is upset due to some or the other reason, then it is wise of the husband to keep mum. There should be no place for the egos in such a sacred relationship.
Do's for a happy couple
1. Respect the sacredness of your marriage- Keep this thing in your mind that God has gifted you a beautiful partner for the rest of your life. You have to respect your spouse and sustain your relationship, whatever happens. Do not think of another alternative (divorce or separation), even if you come accross some problems between you. Nothing on this earth is perfect, not even a relationship. Life means to strive for comfort and happiness!
2. Respect each other- It is very well said,
As you sow, so shall you reap.
Give respect to your partner if you want the same in return.
3. Listen to each other- Be a good listener. Deal each and every situation with patience and wisdom. You will see the difference that it makes to your relationship. Your spouse will respect whatever you think, say and do.
4. Build up a healthy understanding- A healthy communication leads to a healthy understanding between the two. Give a thought to whatever your spouse says, do not react the same moment. Sometimes, what you feel at this moment is wrong, may seem absolutely correct the next moment. So, develop certain understanding between you two.
5. Always remember and fear God- Never forget if God has given you all what you have today, might snatch away tomorrow. What will you do then? So, thank your God for the love and support He has gifted you today through your spouse.
6. Make decisions together- To avoid disapproval and frustrations later on, make decisions together.
7. Share your thoughts- For your spouse to know you better, share all your opinions and thoughts with your spouse. Such an understanding makes to cope up with certain situations in your married life easier for you.
8. Show full affection- Be affectionate, as it is a good way to thank each other for whatever you have gained from this relationship.
9. Be your spouse's best friend- Being the closest friends on earth will strengthen your relationship forever. Nobody will ever dare to interfere between you two. You will never believe others because you will be confident of what kind of a person your spouse is.
10. Appreciate your spouse's faithfulness towards you- Praise your partner for what he/she does for you just to make you happy. Appreciate the person your spouse is! Make him/her realise how special he/she is to you. These minor gestures from your side will create a magic for your marriage.
more on Secrets for a happy couple....not to be missed!