Kids misbehaving at home is quite common but sometimes they tend to misbehave in the public as well. And this often causes an embarrassed situation for the parents. When such things occur how do you as a parent try to deal with it? At home, you can deal with them in a soft manner and teach them but in public, parents often threaten their kids to control it. A child throwing tantrum is never welcomed, especially in public. And living in a judgmental society, it makes it all the more difficult and embarrassing.
Children are actually beginning to learn things. They don't know how to judge anything. So misbehaving on the kids part is just an opportunity for the parents to make them learn and understand about how to be well-behaved. This is a problem no doubt but a problem that needs to be solved. And then only you can save yourself from the embarrassment. Following are some of the things that can be done to teach your children prudently on how to behave in public:
1) Try to understand the mindset of your child. Make sure you tend to all his needs and requirements. This however does not mean that you should give in to your child's demands and let him have his way.
2) Sometimes your child's tantrums could be the result of a frustration. So remain calm enough to handle the situation aptly. Some parents shout at their children just to control them but remember this can lead to an embarrassing situation. So the best way is to influence the mind of your children calmly yet firmly.
3) If your kid starts crying or shouting abruptly, try to find out the reason first instead of fretting. Children often tend to be very demanding in the public. Instead of giving in to his demands, make the child understand that you as a parent will fulfill his demands if he behaves well.
4) Whenever you plan to go out, make sure that your child is mentally prepared for the outing. Give him ample time to make up his mind. Talk to him as you get him dressed how he is expected to behave when you go out and other thins.
5) If your child continues to throw tantrums, then instead of trying to reason in the middle of the tantrum, give him time to calm down. In a public place, there is no point trying to reason out as this would only flare up his tantrum.
Finally, discuss your child's behavior when he calms down. Try to make him understand and learn better ways of expressing his desire instead of throwing tantrums. Since children are in the learning process, it is important to make them learn things repeatedly. This way you can avoid embarrassing situations and at the same time teach your children how to behave in public.
how to help kids control over their emotions
how to raise a polite and gentle child
simple ways to make your child feel special